489D-5 Exclusions. (a) This chapter shall not apply to:
Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes 489D-5
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- county: includes the city and county of Honolulu. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 1-22
(1) The United States or any department, agency, or instrumentality thereof;
(2) The United States Postal Service;
(3) The State or any political subdivisions thereof; and
(4) The electronic transfer of government benefits for any federal, state, or county governmental agency as defined in Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Regulation E, by a contractor for, and on behalf of the United States or any department, agency, or instrumentality thereof, or any state or any political subdivisions thereof.
(b) Authorized delegates of a licensee acting within the scope of authority conferred by a written contract under section 489D-21 shall not be required to obtain a license pursuant to this chapter.