|428-301||Agency of members and managers|
|428-302||Limited liability company liable for member’s or manager’s actionable conduct|
|428-303||Liability of members and managers|
Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes > Chapter 428 > Part III
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Articles of organization: means initial, amended, and restated articles of organization and articles of merger. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 428-101
- Business: includes every trade, occupation, profession, and other lawful purpose, whether or not carried on for profit. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 428-101
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Limited liability company: means a limited liability company organized under this chapter. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 428-101
- Manager: means a person, whether or not a member of a manager-managed limited liability company, who is vested with authority under section 428-301(b). See Hawaii Revised Statutes 428-101
- Manager-managed limited liability company: means a limited liability company which is so designated in its articles of organization. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 428-101
- Member-managed limited liability company: means a limited liability company other than a manager-managed company. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 428-101
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Person: includes any individual or entity. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 428-101
- Pleadings: Written statements of the parties in a civil case of their positions. In the federal courts, the principal pleadings are the complaint and the answer.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Tort: A civil wrong or breach of a duty to another person, as outlined by law. A very common tort is negligent operation of a motor vehicle that results in property damage and personal injury in an automobile accident.
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.