|481C-2||Deceptive trade practice|
|481C-5||Inconsistencies with federal laws|
|481C-6||Compliance with credit sale contract law|
Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes > Chapter 481C
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Child welfare services: means :
(1) All services necessary for the protection and care of abused or neglected children and children in danger of becoming delinquent; and
(2) All services necessary for the adoption of children. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 346-1
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Department: means the department of human services. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 346-1
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Director: means the director of human services. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 346-1
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Financial assistance: means public assistance, except for payments for medical care, social service payments, transportation assistance, and emergency assistance under section 346-65, including funds received from the federal government. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 346-1
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Public assistance: means financial assistance to or for the benefit of persons whom the department has determined to be without sufficient means of support to maintain a standard consistent with this chapter, payments to or on behalf of such persons for medical care, and social service payments as described under the Social Security Act. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 346-1
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.