|§ 1||Short title|
|§ 15||Method of operation|
|§ 25||Voice messaging provision|
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 815 ILCS 305
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Bail: Security given for the release of a criminal defendant or witness from legal custody (usually in the form of money) to secure his/her appearance on the day and time appointed.
- Chief judge: The judge who has primary responsibility for the administration of a court but also decides cases; chief judges are determined by seniority.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.