Terms Used In Hawaii Revised Statutes > Chapter 577E
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Bank: has the meaning set forth in 12 U. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 412:12-101
- Bank supervisory agency: means :
(1) Any agency of another state with primary responsibility for chartering and supervising banks; and
(2) The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, and any successor to these agencies. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 412:12-101
- Commissioner: means the commissioner of financial institutions of this State. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 412:1-109
- Company: means any corporation, partnership, trust (business or otherwise), association, joint venture, pool syndicate, unincorporated organization, or any form of business entity not specifically listed herein and, unless specifically excluded, a financial institution; provided that "company" does not mean any trust existing on July 1, 1993, which under its terms must terminate within twenty-five years, or not later than twenty-one years and ten months after the death of individuals living on the effective date of the trust. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 412:1-109
- Control: shall be construed consistently with 12 U. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 412:12-101
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Donor: The person who makes a gift.
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Federal: means belonging to, part of, or related to the government of the United States of America. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 412:1-109
- Financial institution: means a Hawaii financial institution, and unless the context indicates otherwise, a federal financial institution or foreign financial institution. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 412:1-109
- Hawaii bank: means a bank whose home state is Hawaii. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 412:12-101
- Hawaii state bank: means a bank chartered under the laws of Hawaii. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 412:12-101
- Holding company: means any company which controls another company. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 412:1-109
- Home state: means :
(1) With respect to a state bank, the state by which the bank is chartered;
(2) With respect to a national bank, the state in which the main office of the bank is located; and
(3) With respect to a foreign bank, the state determined to be the home state of the foreign bank under 12 U. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 412:12-101
- Home state regulator: means , with respect to an out-of-state state bank, the bank supervisory agency of the state in which the bank is chartered. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 412:12-101
- Host state: means a state, other than the home state of a bank, in which the bank maintains, or seeks to establish and maintain a branch. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 412:12-101
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Out-of-state bank: means a bank whose home state is a state other than Hawaii. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 412:12-101
- Out-of-state state bank: means a bank chartered under the laws of any state other than Hawaii. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 412:12-101
- Person: means a natural person, entity or organization, including without limitation an individual, corporation, joint venture, partnership, sole proprietorship, association, cooperative, estate, trust, or governmental unit. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 412:1-109
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- this State: means the State of Hawaii, its political subdivisions, agencies, and departments. See Hawaii Revised Statutes 412:1-109