Definitions as used in this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) "Commission" means the Idaho cherry commission.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 22-3703
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
(2) "Grower" means any landowner personally engaged in growing cherries, a tenant personally engaged in growing cherries or both the owner and tenant jointly, and includes a person, partnership, association, corporation, cooperative organization, trust, sharecropper, or any and all other business units, devices and arrangements that grow cherries.
(3) "Dealer" means any person, partnership, association, corporation, cooperative or other business unit or device who first handles, packs, ships, buys or sells cherries or who acts as sales or purchasing agent, broker or factor of cherries.
(4) "Ship" means to load cherries into any mode of conveyance for transport in the channels of trade or to market.
(5) "Processor" and "processing plant" means every person, partnership, association, corporation, cooperative or other business unit or device to whom and every place to which cherries are delivered for drying, freezing, dehydrating, canning, pressing, powdering, extracting, cooking and for use in producing a product or manufacturing a manufactured product.
(6) "Person" means any partnership, association, corporation, cooperative or other business unit or device.