Terms Used In Idaho Code 25-3501
- Animal: means any vertebrate member of the animal kingdom, except man. See Idaho Code 25-3502
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Department: means the Idaho state department of agriculture. See Idaho Code 25-3502
- Division: means the division of animal industries of the Idaho state department of agriculture. See Idaho Code 25-3502
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114
The Idaho state department of agriculture, division of animal industries shall be responsible for the administration of the provisions of this chapter as they pertain to production animals and shall inform the public and animal owners concerning their legal responsibilities, and in cooperation with local law enforcement, investigate and develop cases for prosecution. Local law enforcement agencies shall be responsible for the administration of the provisions of this chapter as they pertain to companion animals and shall be authorized to call upon the division to aid in fulfillment of the requirements of this chapter and refer cases for prosecution to the appropriate authority. The foregoing shall not be construed to preclude county or local officials, acting upon their own authority, from investigating, developing cases and prosecuting violations of this chapter that occur in their jurisdiction. The cost to the department for administering the provisions of this chapter shall be borne by the citizens of this state through the appropriation of general funds for administration, personnel, travel, equipment and supplies. No provision of this chapter relating to law enforcement agencies and animal care and control agencies shall be construed to preclude the authority of agencies or entities recognized in this section.