Terms Used In Idaho Code 25-3503
- Animal: means any vertebrate member of the animal kingdom, except man. See Idaho Code 25-3502
- maliciously: means the intentional doing of a wrongful act without just cause or excuse, with an intent to inflict an injury or death. See Idaho Code 25-3502
- Person: means any individual, firm, corporation, partnership, other business unit, society, association or other legal entity, any public or private institution, the state of Idaho, or any municipal corporation or political subdivision of the state. See Idaho Code 25-3502
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Idaho Code 73-114
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114
Every person who wilfully administers any poisonous substance to an animal, the property of another, or maliciously places any poisonous substance where it would be found by an animal or where it would attract an animal, with the intent that the same shall be taken, ingested or absorbed by any such animal, is punishable by imprisonment in the state prison not exceeding three (3) years, or in the county jail not exceeding one (1) year, and a fine not less than one hundred dollars ($100) or more than five thousand dollars ($5000).