Terms Used In Idaho Code 25-3510
- Animal: means any vertebrate member of the animal kingdom, except man. See Idaho Code 25-3502
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Person: means any individual, firm, corporation, partnership, other business unit, society, association or other legal entity, any public or private institution, the state of Idaho, or any municipal corporation or political subdivision of the state. See Idaho Code 25-3502
- Pound: means a place enclosed by public authority for the detention of stray animals. See Idaho Code 25-3502
Any person who impounds, or causes to be impounded in any pound, any animal, must supply the same during such confinement with a sufficient quantity of wholesome food and clean water, and in default thereof, is guilty of a misdemeanor and shall, upon conviction, be punished in accordance with section 25-3520A, Idaho Code.