Idaho Code 30-21-404 – Designation of Registered Agent
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
(a) A registered agent filing must be signed by the represented entity and state:
(1) The name of the entity’s commercial registered agent; or
(2) If the entity does not have a commercial registered agent:
(A) The name and address of the entity’s noncommercial registered agent; or
(B) The title of an office or other position with the entity, if service of process, notices, and demands are to be sent to whichever individual is holding that office or position, and the address to which process, notices or demands are to be sent.
(b) The designation of a registered agent pursuant to subsection (a)(1) or (2)(A) of this section is an affirmation of fact by the represented entity that the agent has consented to serve.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 30-21-404
- Commercial registered agent: means a person listed under section 30-21-405, Idaho Code. See Idaho Code 30-21-102
- Noncommercial registered agent: means a person that is not a commercial registered agent and is:
Idaho Code 30-21-102
Registered agent: means an agent of an entity that is authorized to receive service of any process, notice, or demand required or permitted by law to be served on the entity. See Idaho Code 30-21-102 Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party. State: means a state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands, or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States. See Idaho Code 30-21-102
(c) The secretary of state shall make available in a record as soon as practicable a daily list of filings that contain the name of a registered agent. The list must:
(1) Be available for at least fourteen (14) calendar days;
(2) List in alphabetical order the names of the registered agents; and
(3) State the type of filing and name of the represented entity making the filing.