(1) There is established in the state treasury the university earnings reserve fund. The fund shall be managed and invested by the endowment fund investment board according to law and the policies established by the state board of land commissioners. The fund shall consist of the following:
(a) All earnings from the university permanent endowment fund;
(b) Proceeds of the sale of timber growing upon university endowment lands;
(c) Proceeds of leases of university endowment lands;
(d) Proceeds of interest charged upon deferred payments on university endowment lands or on timber on those lands; and
(e) All other proceeds received from the use of university endowment lands and not otherwise designated for deposit in the university permanent endowment fund.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 33-2909A
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114
(2) Moneys shall be distributed out of the university earnings reserve fund only to support the beneficiaries of the university endowment, including distributions by the state board of land commissioners to the university permanent endowment fund and the university income fund; provided, that funds shall not be appropriated by the legislature from the university earnings reserve fund except to pay for administrative costs incurred managing the assets of the university endowment including, but not limited to, real property and monetary assets.