(1) Notice of annual meeting of elementary school districts as provided for in section 33-510, Idaho Code, and of intent to discontinue a school, as provided for in section 33-511, Idaho Code, and annual budget hearing as provided for in section 33-801, Idaho Code, shall be given by posting for not less than ten (10) days, and publishing once in a newspaper as provided in section 60-106, Idaho Code, published within the district, or, if there be none, then in a newspaper as provided in section 60-106, Idaho Code, published in the county in which such district lies. If more than one (1) newspaper is printed and published in said district or county, then in the newspaper most likely to give best general notice of the election within said district; provided that if no newspaper is published in the said district or county, then in a newspaper as provided in section 60-106, Idaho Code, most likely to give best general notice of the election within the district. If a financial emergency has been declared pursuant to section 33-522, Idaho Code, the notice of annual meeting and the notice of the annual budget hearing shall be posted pursuant to subsection (2) of this section, for not less than five (5) days, and by such further notice as shall provide reasonable notice to the patrons of the school district if publication in a newspaper is not feasible.
(2) Notices calling for bids for the acquisition, use, or disposal of real and personal property as provided for in section 33-601, Idaho Code, and contracting for transportation services as provided for in section 33-1510, Idaho Code, shall be given in a newspaper of general circulation as required by chapter 1, title 60, Idaho Code, except that the notice for contracting for transportation services shall be made not less than four (4) weeks before the date of opening bids.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 33-402
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
(3) Proof of posting notice shall be upon the affidavit of the person posting the same; and proof of publication shall be upon the affidavit of the publisher of the newspaper or newspapers respectively. Such affidavits shall be filed with the board by the clerk responsible for the posting and the publishing of said notice.