(1) A life insurer may also grant annuities without additional capital or additional surplus.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 41-315
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
Property: includes both real and personal property. See Idaho Code 73-114 Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
(2) A disability insurer may also issue insurance against congenital defects, as defined in section 41-506(1) (l), without additional capital or additional surplus.
(3) A casualty insurer may be authorized to transact also disability insurance without additional capital or additional surplus.
(4) A property insurer may without additional capital or additional surplus include such amount and kind of insurance against legal liability or injury, damage, or loss to the person or property of others, and for medical, hospital, and surgical expense related to such injury, as the director deems to be reasonably incidental to insurance of real property against fire and other perils under policies covering farm properties, or residential properties designated for occupancy by not more than four (4) families, with or without incidental office, professional, private school or studio occupancy by an insured whether or not the premium or rate charged for certain perils so covered is specified in the policy. Any provision of section 41-509 (limit of risk) to the contrary notwithstanding, no insurer authorized as to property insurance only shall pursuant to this subsection retain risk as to any one (1) subject of insurance as to hazards other than property insurance hazards, in an amount exceeding five per cent (5%) of its surplus to policyholders.