(1) The director shall collect, and persons so served shall pay to the director fees, licenses, and miscellaneous charges as provided for from time to time by rule promulgated by the director. The director may adjust fees, licenses and miscellaneous charges as necessary to allow the department to meet the appropriation as provided for by law.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 41-401
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114
(2) Any rule setting fees, licenses and miscellaneous charges shall adhere to the Idaho administrative procedure act except that the effective date of such rule shall be July 1 of the calendar year of enactment or change. If the appropriation is not known or set by April 1, the director shall be authorized to use emergency rulemaking procedures to maintain an effective date of July 1.
(3) Insurance Administrative Account:
(a) There is hereby created an account in the dedicated fund in the state treasury, to be designated the "Insurance Administrative Account" to provide for the expenses of the department of insurance as provided for by law.
(b) The insurance administrative account shall be effective December 31, 1984, and be in existence for a period of at least six (6) months prior to the dedicated account appropriation becoming effective and shall consist of the following:
1. All moneys appropriated by the legislature.
2. All fees, licenses and miscellaneous charges collected pursuant to this section.
(c) All moneys placed in the account shall be examined, audited and allowed in the manner now or hereafter provided by law.
(d) Pending use for purposes of the provisions of the laws of this state, moneys in the insurance administrative account shall be invested by the state treasurer in the same manner as provided under section 67-1210, Idaho Code, with respect to other surplus or idle moneys in the state treasury.
(e) At the beginning of each fiscal year, those moneys in the insurance administrative account which exceed the current year’s appropriation plus any residual encumbrances made against prior years’ appropriations by twenty-five percent (25%) or more shall be transferred to the general account. The balance in this account shall not be considered excessive until such a transfer is required pursuant to the provisions of this subsection.