(1) An insurer may accept reinsurance only of such risks, and retain risk thereon within such limits, as it is otherwise authorized to insure.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 41-511
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114
(2) Except as provided in sections 41-512, 41-2856 (mergers and consolidations of stock insurers) and 41-2858, Idaho Code (bulk reinsurance, mutual insurers), an insurer may reinsure all or any part of any particular Idaho risk with an insurer authorized to transact such insurance in this state, or in any other solvent insurer approved or accepted by the director for the purpose of such reinsurance. The director shall not so approve or accept any such reinsurance by a ceding domestic insurer in an unauthorized insurer which he finds for good cause would be contrary to the interests of the policy holders or stockholders of such domestic insurer. The director shall not so approve any foreign reinsurer that possesses surplus as to policy holders in an amount less than that required under section 41-313, Idaho Code, of a foreign stock insurer authorized to transact in this state the same kind or kinds of insurance as that ceded.
(3) Upon request of the director, a ceding insurer shall promptly inform the director in writing of the cancellation or any other material change of any of its reinsurance treaties or arrangements.
(4) This section does not apply to marine and transportation insurance.