In any determination of the financial condition of an insurer, capital stock and liabilities to be charged against its assets shall include:
Terms Used In Idaho Code 41-605
- Annuity: A periodic (usually annual) payment of a fixed sum of money for either the life of the recipient or for a fixed number of years. A series of payments under a contract from an insurance company, a trust company, or an individual. Annuity payments are made at regular intervals over a period of more than one full year.
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
(1) The amount of its capital stock outstanding, if any.
(2) The amount, estimated consistent with the provisions of this code, necessary to pay all of its unpaid losses and claims incurred on or prior to the date of statement, whether reported or unreported, together with the expenses of adjustment or settlement thereof.
(3) With reference to life and disability insurance and annuity contracts:
(a) The amount of reserves on life insurance policies and annuity contracts in force, valued according to the tables of mortality, rates of interest, and methods adopted pursuant to this code which are applicable thereto.
(b) Reserves for disability benefits, for both active and disabled lives.
(c) Reserves for accidental death benefits.
(d) Any additional reserves which may be required by the director consistent with applicable customary and general practice in insurance accounting.
(4) With reference to insurance other than specified in subsection (3) of this section, and other than title insurance, the amount of reserves equal to the unearned portions of the gross premiums charged on policies in force, computed in accordance with this chapter.
(5) Taxes, expenses and other obligations due or accrued at the date of the statement.