As used in this chapter, the following terms have the following meanings:
(1) "Farm operation" means any activity by which a crop is planted, grown, tended, cultivated or harvested, in which eight (8) or more workers are working as a crew, unit or group for a period of four (4) or more hours.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 44-1902
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
(2) "Farm operator" means any individual, partnership, corporation, or other legal entity, or any officer or agent acting on behalf of such individual, partnership, corporation, or legal entity, which is the owner in possession, or lessee of, a farming operation, or which is responsible for its management condition.
(3) "Farm labor contractor" means any person who, for a fee, furnishes workers to a farm operator.
(4) "Reasonable distance" means a distance within one-quarter (1/4) mile or less of the place of work. When, because of the layout of access roads, ground terrain, or other physical conditions, it is not possible to comply with the foregoing requirement, toilet facilities shall be located at the point of vehicular access closest to the workers.
(5) "Toilet facility" means a facility, including a portable facility, which contains a toilet designed to provide privacy, to prevent contamination of crops and adjoining water supplies.