Terms Used In Idaho Code > Title 16 > Chapter 20
- Abandoned: means the parent has willfully failed to maintain a normal parental relationship including, but not limited to, reasonable support or regular personal contact. See Idaho Code 16-2002
- Abused: means conduct as defined in section 16-1602(1), Idaho Code. See Idaho Code 16-2002
- Acquired entity: means the entity, all of one (1) or more classes or series of interests that are acquired in an interest exchange. See Idaho Code 30-22-102
- Acquiring entity: means the entity that acquires all of one (1) or more classes or series of interests of the acquired entity in an interest exchange. See Idaho Code 30-22-102
- Adaptive equipment: means any piece of equipment or any item that is used to increase, maintain, or improve the parenting abilities of a parent with a disability. See Idaho Code 16-2002
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Appraisal: A determination of property value.
- Approve: means , in the case of an entity, for its governors and interest holders to take whatever steps are necessary under the entity's organic rules, organic law, and other law to:
Idaho Code 30-22-102
Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account. Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court. Authorized agency: means the department, a local agency, a person, an organization, corporation, benevolent society or association licensed or approved by the department or the court to receive children for control, care, maintenance or placement. See Idaho Code 16-2002 Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name. Court: means the district court or magistrate’s division thereof or, if the context requires, a judge or magistrate thereof. See Idaho Code 16-2002 Department: means the department of health and welfare and its authorized representatives. See Idaho Code 16-2002 Disability: means , with respect to an individual, any mental or physical impairment which substantially limits one (1) or more major life activities of the individual including, but not limited to, self-care, manual tasks, walking, seeing, hearing, speaking, learning, or working, or a record of such an impairment, or being regarded as having such an impairment. See Idaho Code 16-2002 Docket: A log containing brief entries of court proceedings. Domesticating entity: means the domestic entity that approves a plan of domestication pursuant to section 30-22-503, Idaho Code, or the foreign entity that approves a domestication pursuant to the law of its jurisdiction of formation. See Idaho Code 30-22-102 Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other. Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs. Guardian ad litem: means a person appointed by the court pursuant to section 16-1614 or 5-306, Idaho Code. See Idaho Code 16-2002 Guardianship of the person: means those rights and duties imposed upon a person appointed as guardian of a minor under the laws of Idaho. See Idaho Code 16-2002 Interest exchange: means a transaction authorized by part 3 of this chapter. See Idaho Code 30-22-102 Interest holder liability: means :
Idaho Code 30-22-102
Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases. Legal custody: means status created by court order which vests in a custodian the following rights and responsibilities:
Idaho Code 16-2002
Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity. Merger: means a transaction in which two (2) or more merging entities are combined into a surviving entity pursuant to a record filed by the secretary of state. See Idaho Code 30-22-102 Merging entity: means an entity that is a party to a merger and exists immediately before the merger becomes effective. See Idaho Code 30-22-102 minor: means any individual who is under the age of eighteen (18) years. See Idaho Code 16-2002 Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement. Month: means a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed. See Idaho Code 73-114 Neglected: means :
Idaho Code 16-2002
Oath: A promise to tell the truth. Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period. Parent: means :
Idaho Code 16-2002
Parent and child relationship: includes all rights, privileges, duties and obligations existing between parent and child, including inheritance rights, and shall be construed to include adoptive parents. See Idaho Code 16-2002 Parties: includes the child and the petitioners. See Idaho Code 16-2002 Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses. person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
Plan: means a plan of merger, plan of interest exchange, plan of conversion or plan of domestication. See Idaho Code 30-22-102 Plan of interest exchange: means a plan under section 30-22-302, Idaho Code. See Idaho Code 30-22-102 Plan of merger: means a plan under section 30-22-202, Idaho Code. See Idaho Code 30-22-102 Property: includes both real and personal property. See Idaho Code 73-114 Protected agreement: means :
Idaho Code 30-22-102
seal: includes an impression of such seal upon the paper, alone, as well as upon wax or a wafer affixed thereto; or, alternatively, the seal may be the mark of a rubber stamp providing substantially the same information as the impression. See Idaho Code 73-111 State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114 Statement of interest exchange: means a statement under section 30-22-305, Idaho Code. See Idaho Code 30-22-102 Statement of merger: means a statement under section 30-22-205, Idaho Code. See Idaho Code 30-22-102 Supportive services: means services which assist a parent with a disability to compensate for those aspects of their disability which affect their ability to care for their child and which will enable them to discharge their parental responsibilities. See Idaho Code 16-2002 Surviving entity: means the entity that continues in existence after or is created by a merger under part 2 of this chapter. See Idaho Code 30-22-102 Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries. Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence. Unmarried biological father: as used in this chapter and chapter 15, title 16, Idaho Code, means the biological father of a child who was not married to the child’s mother at the time the child was conceived or born. See Idaho Code 16-2002 Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.