Terms Used In Idaho Code > Title 19 > Chapter 44 - Search Warrants
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Oath: A promise to tell the truth.
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
Probable cause: A reasonable ground for belief that the offender violated a specific law. Property: includes both real and personal property. See Idaho Code 73-114 State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114 Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.