|§ 15:41||Disposition of property seized in connection with criminal proceedings|
|§ 15:42||News media, restrictions on search warrants|
|§ 15:43||Attorneys; restrictions on search warrants|
Terms Used In Louisiana Revised Statutes > Title 15 > CODE TITLE IV - Search Warrants
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Annuity: A periodic (usually annual) payment of a fixed sum of money for either the life of the recipient or for a fixed number of years. A series of payments under a contract from an insurance company, a trust company, or an individual. Annuity payments are made at regular intervals over a period of more than one full year.
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Clerk of court: An officer appointed by the court to work with the chief judge in overseeing the court's administration, especially to assist in managing the flow of cases through the court and to maintain court records.
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Probable cause: A reasonable ground for belief that the offender violated a specific law.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.