Terms Used In Idaho Code > Title 22 > Chapter 40 - Barley — Promotion of Marketing
- Commercial channels: means the sale of barley for use as food, feed, seed, or any industrial or chemurgic use, when sold to any commercial buyer, user, dealer, processor, cooperative, or to any person, public or private, who resells any barley or product produced from barley. See Idaho Code 22-4003
- Commission: means the Idaho barley commission. See Idaho Code 22-4003
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Crop reduction program: means an offer by an agency of the United States government to give growers an amount of barley as payment for reducing planted acreage of barley. See Idaho Code 22-4003
- Delivery: means placing of barley into the primary channels of trade. See Idaho Code 22-4003
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- First purchaser: means any person, group, association or partnership that buys barley in this state in the first instance, or any lienholder, public or private, including the commodity credit corporation, who may possess barley from the grower under any lien. See Idaho Code 22-4003
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Grower: means any landowner personally engaged in growing barley, a tenant of the landowner personally engaged in growing barley, or both the owner and the tenant jointly, and includes a person, partnership, association, corporation, cooperative, trust, sharecropper or any and all other business units, devices and arrangements. See Idaho Code 22-4003
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Month: means a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed. See Idaho Code 73-114
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government. Sale: includes any pledge, mortgage or delivery of barley for sale after harvest to any person, public or private. See Idaho Code 22-4003 Seller: means any person or entity, including growers, who sells barley in the first instance. See Idaho Code 22-4003 Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims. State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114 Statute: A law passed by a legislature.