|39-1601||Statement of Purpose|
|39-1603||Powers and Duties of Board|
|39-1604||License Requirements for Food Establishments|
|39-1606||Criminal and Civil Proceedings|
Terms Used In Idaho Code > Title 39 > Chapter 16
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Commissary: means a place where food, containers or supplies are stored, prepared or packaged for transit, sale or service at other locations. See Idaho Code 39-1602
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Food establishment: means those operations in the food business such as, but not limited to, food processing establishments, canning factories, salvage processing facilities, food service establishments, cold storage plants, commissaries, warehouses, food vending machine operations and location, caterers, mobile food units and retail food stores. See Idaho Code 39-1602
- Intermittent food establishment: means a food vendor that operates for a period of time, not to exceed three (3) days per week, at a single, specified location in conjunction with a recurring event and that offers potentially hazardous food to the general public. See Idaho Code 39-1602
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
Regulatory authority: means the director of the Idaho department of health and welfare or the director’s designee. See Idaho Code 39-1602 State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114