If an employer takes any action against an employee in violation of Section 15 or 20, the employee may bring a civil action against the employer for all relief necessary to make the employee whole, including but not limited to the following, as appropriate:
(1) reinstatement with the same seniority status that
the employee would have had, but for the violation;
(2) back pay, with interest; and
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes 740 ILCS 174/30
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
(3) compensation for any damages sustained as a
result of the violation, including litigation costs, expert witness fees, and reasonable attorney's fees.