Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 20 ILCS 515
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- County board: means the board of county commissioners in counties not under township organization, and the board of supervisors in counties under township organization, and the board of commissioners of Cook County. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.07
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Town trustees: means the members of the township board required by Section 80-5 of the Township Code. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.30