Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 420 ILCS 35 - Radioactive Waste Storage Act
- Fee simple: Absolute title to property with no limitations or restrictions regarding the person who may inherit it.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- State: when applied to different parts of the United States, may be construed to include the District of Columbia and the several territories, and the words "United States" may be construed to include the said district and territories. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.14
- United States: may be construed to include the said district and territories. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.14