Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 45 ILCS 141 - Radioactive Waste Compact Enforcement Act
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Joint resolution: A legislative measure which requires the approval of both chambers.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Minority leader: See Floor Leaders
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.