Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 525 ILCS 15
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- Devise: To gift property by will.
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Heretofore: means any time previous to the day on which the statute takes effect; and the word "hereafter" at any time after such day. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.17
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.