|§ 1-101||Short Title|
|§ 1-102||Purposes and Rules of Construction|
|§ 1-103||Prospective Effect of Act|
|§ 1-104||Notary Public and Notarization Defined|
|§ 1-105||Notarization Task Force on Best Practices and Verification Standards …|
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 5 ILCS 312 > Article I
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Bankruptcy: Refers to statutes and judicial proceedings involving persons or businesses that cannot pay their debts and seek the assistance of the court in getting a fresh start. Under the protection of the bankruptcy court, debtors may discharge their debts, perhaps by paying a portion of each debt. Bankruptcy judges preside over these proceedings.
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Executor: A male person named in a will to carry out the decedent
- Fee simple: Absolute title to property with no limitations or restrictions regarding the person who may inherit it.
- oath: shall be deemed to include an affirmation, and the word "sworn" shall be construed to include the word "affirmed. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.12
- Oath: A promise to tell the truth.
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Subpoena duces tecum: A command to a witness to produce documents.
- Testify: Answer questions in court.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.