|§ 5 ILCS 312/5-101||Reappointment|
|§ 5 ILCS 312/5-102||Solicitation to Purchase Bond|
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 5 ILCS 312 > Article V - Reappointment As A Notary Public
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Circuit clerk: means clerk of the circuit court. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.26
- Dismissal: The dropping of a case by the judge without further consideration or hearing. Source:
- Grand jury: agreement providing that a lender will delay exercising its rights (in the case of a mortgage,
- Impeachment: (1) The process of calling something into question, as in "impeaching the testimony of a witness." (2) The constitutional process whereby the House of Representatives may "impeach" (accuse of misconduct) high officers of the federal government for trial in the Senate.
- Probate: Proving a will
- Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government.
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Transcript: A written, word-for-word record of what was said, either in a proceeding such as a trial or during some other conversation, as in a transcript of a hearing or oral deposition.
- Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.