|§ 0.01||Short title|
|§ 1||(a) Except as provided in subsection (b), whoever knowingly and …|
|§ 2||Secrecy of jury|
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 705 ILCS 315
- Juror: A person who is on the jury.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Mistrial: An invalid trial, caused by fundamental error. When a mistrial is declared, the trial must start again from the selection of the jury.
- Petit jury: A group of citizens who hear the evidence presented by both sides at trial and determine the facts in dispute. Federal criminal juries consist of 12 persons. Federal civil juries consist of six persons.
- Verdict: The decision of a petit jury or a judge.