|§ 735 ILCS 30/5-5-5||Exercise of the power of eminent domain; public use; blight|
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 735 ILCS 30 > Article 5 - General Exercise
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- State: when applied to different parts of the United States, may be construed to include the District of Columbia and the several territories, and the words "United States" may be construed to include the said district and territories. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.14
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.