|§ 0.01||Short title|
|§ 1||This Act applies to causes of action arising on or after March 1, …|
|§ 2||Right of Contribution|
|§ 3||Amount of Contribution|
|§ 3.5||Contribution against the plaintiff’s employer|
|§ 4||Rights of Plaintiff Unaffected|
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 740 ILCS 100
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Counterclaim: A claim that a defendant makes against a plaintiff.
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- Tort: A civil wrong or breach of a duty to another person, as outlined by law. A very common tort is negligent operation of a motor vehicle that results in property damage and personal injury in an automobile accident.