|§ 1401||Claim for Contribution|
|§ 1402||Amount of Contribution|
|§ 1403||How Contribution Claimed|
|§ 1404||Rights of Persons Entitled to Damages Not Affected; Rights of Indemnity or Subrogation Preserved|
Terms Used In New York Laws > Civil Practice Law and Rules > Article 14
- Affirmed: In the practice of the appellate courts, the decree or order is declared valid and will stand as rendered in the lower court.
- Counterclaim: A claim that a defendant makes against a plaintiff.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government.
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.