Illinois Compiled Statutes > Chapter 20 > Dpt Of Insurance
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
|20 ILCS 1405||Civil Administrative Code of Illinois. (Department of Insurance Law)|
|20 ILCS 1410||Burn Victims Relief Act|
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > Chapter 20 > Dpt Of Insurance
- Judgement that a criminal defendant has not been proved guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
- A verdict of "not guilty."
- Baseline: Projection of the receipts, outlays, and other budget amounts that would ensue in the future without any change in existing policy. Baseline projections are used to gauge the extent to which proposed legislation, if enacted into law, would alter current spending and revenue levels.
- Bequest: Property gifted by will.
- Departments: means for the purposes of this Act, the Department of Human Services, the Department on Aging, Department of Healthcare and Family Services and Department of Public Health, unless otherwise noted. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 20 ILCS 2407/52
- Donor: The person who makes a gift.
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- home and community-based long-term care services: means , with respect to the State Medicaid program, a service aid, or benefit, home and community-based services, including, but not limited to, home health and personal care services, that are provided to a person with a disability, and are voluntarily accepted, as part of his or her long-term care that: (i) is provided under the State's qualified home and community-based program or that could be provided under such a program but is otherwise provided under the Medicaid program; (ii) is delivered in a qualified residence; and (iii) is necessary for the person with a disability to live in the community. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 20 ILCS 2407/52
- Joint committee: Committees including membership from both houses of teh legislature. Joint committees are usually established with narrow jurisdictions and normally lack authority to report legislation.
- Joint resolution: A legislative measure which requires the approval of both chambers.
- qualified residence: means , with respect to an eligible individual: (i) a home owned or leased by the individual or the individual's authorized representative (as defined by P. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 20 ILCS 2407/52
- Recourse: An arrangement in which a bank retains, in form or in substance, any credit risk directly or indirectly associated with an asset it has sold (in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles) that exceeds a pro rata share of the bank's claim on the asset. If a bank has no claim on an asset it has sold, then the retention of any credit risk is recourse. Source: FDIC
- Statute of limitations: A law that sets the time within which parties must take action to enforce their rights.
- Uniform Commercial Code: A set of statutes enacted by the various states to provide consistency among the states' commercial laws. It includes negotiable instruments, sales, stock transfers, trust and warehouse receipts, and bills of lading. Source: OCC