|715 ILCS 5||Notice By Publication Act|
|715 ILCS 10||Newspaper Legal Notice Act|
|715 ILCS 15||Legal Advertising Rate Act|
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > Chapter 715
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Circuit clerk: means clerk of the circuit court. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.26
- Presiding officer: A majority-party Senator who presides over the Senate and is charged with maintaining order and decorum, recognizing Members to speak, and interpreting the Senate's rules, practices and precedents.
- Recess: A temporary interruption of the legislative business.
- Veto: The procedure established under the Constitution by which the President/Governor refuses to approve a bill or joint resolution and thus prevents its enactment into law. A regular veto occurs when the President/Governor returns the legislation to the house in which it originated. The President/Governor usually returns a vetoed bill with a message indicating his reasons for rejecting the measure. In Congress, the veto can be overridden only by a two-thirds vote in both the Senate and the House.