(1) a requirement or standard set forth in this article; or
Terms Used In Indiana Code 13-23-14-3
is subject to a civil penalty of not more than ten thousand dollars ($10,000) per underground storage tank for each day of violation.
(b) A person is not subject to the civil penalty described in subsection (a) if:
(1) the violation arose from an underground storage tank that is on a brownfield;
(2) the person was not the owner or operator of the underground storage tank when the violation first occurred;
(3) the person does not dispense a regulated substance into or from the underground tank:
(A) for any purpose other than temporary or permanent closure; or
(B) in violation of any federal, state, or local regulations; and
(4) the underground storage tank is brought into compliance with this article not later than one (1) year after the person acquired ownership of the property.
[Pre-1996 Recodification Citation: 13-7-20-27(b).]
As added by P.L.1-1996, SEC.13. Amended by P.L.122-1999, SEC.2 and P.L.119-1999, SEC.14.