(1) who is acting peaceably; and
Terms Used In Indiana Code 15-20-1-3
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- owner: means the owner of a dog. See Indiana Code 15-20-1-2
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the commonwealths, possessions, states in free association with the United States, and the territories. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
(A) the laws of Indiana;
(B) the laws of the United States; or
(C) the postal regulations of the United States;
the owner of the dog is liable for all damages suffered by the person bitten.
(b) The owner of a dog described in subsection (a) is liable for damages even if:
(1) the dog has not previously behaved in a vicious manner; or
(2) the owner has no knowledge of prior vicious behavior by the dog.
[Pre-2008 Recodification Citation: 15-5-12-1.]
As added by P.L.2-2008, SEC.11.