(b) If the local department of health makes a charge for a certificate of death under subsection (a), the coroners continuing education fee described in subsection (e) must be added to the rate established under IC 16-20-1-27. The local department of health shall deposit any coroners continuing education fees with the county auditor within thirty (30) days after collection. The county auditor shall transfer semiannually any coroners continuing education fees to the treasurer of state.
Terms Used In Indiana Code 16-37-1-9
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the commonwealths, possessions, states in free association with the United States, and the territories. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
(1) To establish the person’s age or the dependency of a member of the person’s family in connection with:
(A) the person’s service in the armed forces of the United States; or
(B) a death pension or disability pension of a person who is serving or has served in the armed forces of the United States.
(2) To establish or to verify the age of a child in school who desires to secure a work permit.
(d) Notwithstanding IC 16-20-1-27, a charge may not be made for furnishing a certificate of birth to an individual who represents, pursuant to IC 31-36-3-4(b), a homeless youth (as defined in IC 31-36-3-4) and presents a fee and consent waiver affidavit described in IC 31-36-3-4(c).
(e) The coroners continuing education fee is:
(1) one dollar and seventy-five cents ($1.75) after June 30, 2007, and before July 1, 2013;
(2) two dollars ($2) after June 30, 2013, and before July 1, 2018;
(3) two dollars and twenty-five cents ($2.25) after June 30, 2018, and before July 1, 2023;
(4) two dollars and fifty cents ($2.50) after June 30, 2023, and before July 1, 2028;
(5) two dollars and seventy-five cents ($2.75) after June 30, 2028, and before July 1, 2033;
(6) three dollars ($3) after June 30, 2033, and before July 1, 2038;
(7) three dollars and twenty-five cents ($3.25) after June 30, 2038, and before July 1, 2043; and
(8) three dollars and fifty cents ($3.50) after June 30, 2043.
[Pre-1993 Recodification Citations: 16-1-16-18(b); 16-1-19-2.]
As added by P.L.2-1993, SEC.20. Amended by P.L.36-1993, SEC.2; P.L.215-2007, SEC.3; P.L.225-2007, SEC.2; P.L.3-2008, SEC.110; P.L.155-2019, SEC.5.