(1) meet the reasonable requirements of the board; and
(2) be accredited by the Accreditation Commission of the Council on Chiropractic Education or its successor organization;
during the applicant’s attendance at the accredited school or college. The board may not discriminate against a chiropractic school or college that meets these requirements.
Terms Used In Indiana Code 25-10-1-2
- Agency: refers to the Indiana professional licensing agency under Indiana Code 25-10-1-1
- Board: means the board of chiropractic examiners under section 1. See Indiana Code 25-10-1-1
- Chiropractic: means the examination, diagnosis, evaluation, and treatment of human ailments and conditions of any interference with normal nerve transmission and expression, the procedure preparatory to and complementary to the correction thereof by an adjustment or manipulation of the articulations of the vertebral column, its immediate articulation, including other incidental means of adjustments of the spinal column, extremities, and musculoskeletal soft tissues of the body without the use of prescription drugs or surgery. See Indiana Code 25-10-1-1
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the commonwealths, possessions, states in free association with the United States, and the territories. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
(b) In addition to the requirements in subsection (a), an applicant for a license to practice chiropractic must have completed:
(1) for applications made before July 1, 2021, at least sixty (60) semester hours; or
(2) for applications made after June 30, 2021, at least ninety (90) semester hours;
of education in a college or university of learning accredited by an accrediting agency that has been approved by the United States Department of Education before the applicant’s training and education in a chiropractic school or college.
Formerly: Acts 1955, c.42, s.2; Acts 1973, P.L.252, SEC.6. As amended by Acts 1981, P.L.222, SEC.104; Acts 1982, P.L.113, SEC.45; P.L.169-1985, SEC.35; P.L.149-1987, SEC.24; P.L.152-1988, SEC.6; P.L.235-1989, SEC.2; P.L.186-1990, SEC.8; P.L.33-1993, SEC.18; P.L.234-1995, SEC.16; P.L.85-2018, SEC.3.