Sec. 5. (a) Each person who acts as a watcher under this chapter must obtain a watcher identification card from the county election board. The identification card issued under this subsection must clearly state the following:
(1) The status of the individual as an appointed watcher.
(2) The name of the individual serving as a watcher.
(3) The name of the person that appointed the individual as a watcher.
(b) Watchers appointed under this chapter do not have a voice or vote in any proceeding of a precinct election board. The watchers may attend the election as witnesses only and are subject to the orders of the board.
(c) Except as provided in subsection (d), a watcher appointed under this chapter may photograph the proceedings of a precinct election board.
(d) A watcher appointed under this chapter may not photograph a voter:
(1) while the voter is in the polls if the voter informs the precinct election board that the voter objects to being photographed by the watcher; or
(2) in a manner that permits the watcher to see or know for what ticket, candidates, or public questions the voter has voted.
[Pre-1986 Recodification Citation: 3-1-6-2(d) part.]
As added by P.L.5-1986, SEC.2. Amended by P.L.3-1987, SEC.45; P.L.7-1990, SEC.5; P.L.4-1996, SEC.14; P.L.230-2005, SEC.22.