Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 3 > Article 6 > Chapter 10
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Clerk: means the clerk of the court or a person authorized to perform the clerk's duties. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- federal income poverty level: means the nonfarm income official poverty line as determined annually by the federal Office of Management and Budget. See Indiana Code 5-28-18-1
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- fund: refers to the trade promotion fund established by section 6 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 5-28-14-1
- fund: refers to the Indiana twenty-first century research and technology fund established by section 2 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 5-28-16-1
- fund: refers to the small business development fund established by section 7 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 5-28-18-2
- Highway: includes county bridges and state and county roads, unless otherwise expressly provided. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- in writing: include printing, lithographing, or other mode of representing words and letters. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- local board: means the:
Indiana Code 5-28-18-3
- local pool: includes both a local investment pool established under section 12 of this chapter and a local opportunity pool established under section 13 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 5-28-18-4
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Month: means a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Oral argument: An opportunity for lawyers to summarize their position before the court and also to answer the judges' questions.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Population: has the meaning set forth in Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Property: includes personal and real property. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- real property: include lands, tenements, and hereditaments. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Remand: When an appellate court sends a case back to a lower court for further proceedings.
- small business concern: means a small business concern as defined in 15 U. See Indiana Code 5-28-14-2
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- trade mission: means a planned tour of business locations, all of which are:
Indiana Code 5-28-14-3
- trade show: means an exhibition, an exposition, or a fair:
Indiana Code 5-28-14-4
- Transcript: A written, word-for-word record of what was said, either in a proceeding such as a trial or during some other conversation, as in a transcript of a hearing or oral deposition.
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the commonwealths, possessions, states in free association with the United States, and the territories. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Verified: when applied to pleadings, means supported by oath or affirmation in writing. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- zone business: means an entity that accesses at least one (1) tax credit, deduction, or exemption incentive available under this chapter, Indiana Code 5-28-15-3