Sec. 3. Upon forfeiture, the proceeds of the security, a bond, or other guarantee ordered to secure the obligation of child support, enforcement of a custody order, or enforcement of a parenting time order under this article may only be used to:
(1) reimburse the nonviolating party for actual costs or damages incurred in upholding the court’s order;
(2) locate and return the child to the residence as set forth in the court’s order, if the security, bond, or guarantee covers custody or parenting time, or both; or
Terms Used In Indiana Code 31-14-1.5-3
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
(3) reimburse reasonable fees and court costs to the court appointed trustee.
As added by P.L.171-2001, SEC.1. Amended by P.L.68-2005, SEC.13.