Sec. 2. Notwithstanding IC § 34-18-1-1, any claim, whether in contract or tort, by a minor or other person under legal disability against a health care provider stemming from professional services or health care provided based on an alleged act, omission, or neglect that occurred before July 1, 1975, shall be brought only within the longer of the following:
(1) Two (2) years after July 1, 1975.
(2) The period described in section 1 of this chapter.
Terms Used In Indiana Code 34-18-7-2
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- minor: means a person less than eighteen (18) years of age. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Tort: A civil wrong or breach of a duty to another person, as outlined by law. A very common tort is negligent operation of a motor vehicle that results in property damage and personal injury in an automobile accident.
[Pre-1998 Recodification Citation: 27-12-7-2.]
As added by P.L.1-1998, SEC.13.