Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 34 > Article 18 - Medical Malpractice
- Bequest: Property gifted by will.
- cost of the periodic payments agreement: means the amount expended by the health care provider (or its insurer), the commissioner, or the commissioner and the health care provider (or its insurer), at the time the periodic payments agreement is made, to obtain the commitment from a third party to make available money for use as future payment, the total of which may exceed the limits provided in section 3 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 34-18-14-1
- Devise: To gift property by will.
- periodic payments agreement: means a contract between a health care provider (or its insurer) and the patient (or the patient's estate), under which the health care provider is relieved from possible liability in consideration of:
Indiana Code 34-18-14-2
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.