(1) change, alter, remove, or obliterate the name of the maker, model, manufacturer’s serial number, or other mark of identification on any handgun; or
(2) possess any handgun on which the name of the maker, model, manufacturer’s serial number, or other mark of identification has been changed, altered, removed, or obliterated;
except as provided by applicable United States statute.
Terms Used In Indiana Code 35-47-2-18
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the commonwealths, possessions, states in free association with the United States, and the territories. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
(b) A person who knowingly or intentionally violates this section commits a Level 5 felony.
As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.158-2013, SEC.582.