(b) The auditor shall distribute to units of local government money from this account each month. Before making any other distributions under this chapter, the auditor shall distribute E85 incentive payments to all political subdivisions entitled to a payment under section 8 of this chapter.
Terms Used In Indiana Code 8-14-2-4
- department: refers to the Indiana department of transportation created under IC 8-23-2. See Indiana Code 8-14-2-1
- Highway: includes county bridges and state and county roads, unless otherwise expressly provided. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Month: means a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Population: has the meaning set forth in IC 1-1-3. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
(1) In counties having a population of more than fifty thousand (50,000), sixty percent (60%) of the money shall be distributed on the basis of the population of the city or town as a percentage of the total population of the county and forty percent (40%) distributed on the basis of the ratio of city and town street mileage to county road mileage.
(2) In counties having a population of fifty thousand (50,000) or less, twenty percent (20%) of the money shall be distributed on the basis of the population of the city or town as a percentage of the total population of the county and eighty percent (80%) distributed on the basis of the ratio of city and town street mileage to county road mileage.
(3) For the purposes of allocating funds as provided in this section, towns which become incorporated as a town between the effective dates of decennial censuses shall be eligible for allocations upon the effectiveness of a corrected population count for the town under IC 1-1-3.5.
(4) Money allocated under the provisions of this section to counties containing a consolidated city shall be credited or allocated to the department of transportation of the consolidated city.
(d) Each month the auditor of state shall inform the department of the amounts allocated to each unit of local government from the local road and street account.
Formerly: Acts 1969, c.392, s.4; Acts 1971, P.L.98, SEC.5; Acts 1973, P.L.71, SEC.3; Acts 1974, P.L.33, SEC.1. As amended by Acts 1978, P.L.58, SEC.5; Acts 1980, P.L.74, SEC.219; Acts 1981, P.L.11, SEC.54; Acts 1981, P.L.88, SEC.11; P.L.2-1990, SEC.11; P.L.182-2007, SEC.2; P.L.185-2018, SEC.26.