Sec. 29. Whenever the fiscal body of an eligible entity determines that the public interest of the entity will be served by assisting any other entity or an authority in executing the powers granted by this chapter, the former entity may furnish assistance by gift, or lease with or without rental, of real property, by donation, lease with or without rental, or loan, of personal property, and by the appropriation of monies, which may be provided for by taxation or the issuance of bonds in the same manner as funds might be provided for the same purpose if the entity was exercising the powers granted in its own behalf.
[Pre-Local Government Recodification Citations: 19-6-2-31; 19-6-3-33; 19-6-3.5-33.]
As added by Acts 1980, P.L.8, SEC.73.
Terms Used In Indiana Code 8-22-3-29
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Personal property: includes goods, chattels, evidences of debt, and things in action. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Property: includes personal and real property. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- real property: include lands, tenements, and hereditaments. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5