Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 11 > Article 9 > Chapter 1
- Continuance: Putting off of a hearing ot trial until a later time.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Oath: includes "affirmation" and "to swear" includes to "affirm". See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5