Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 13 > Article 13 - Department of Environmental Management
- board: refers to the environmental rules board established by section 3 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 13-13-8-1
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- President pro tempore: A constitutionally recognized officer of the Senate who presides over the chamber in the absence of the Vice President. The President Pro Tempore (or, "president for a time") is elected by the Senate and is, by custom, the Senator of the majority party with the longest record of continuous service.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.