Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 15 > Article 15 > Chapter 13 - Industrial Hemp
- agricultural hemp seed: means Cannabis sativa seed that meets any labeling, quality, and other standards set by the state seed commissioner and that is intended for sale or is sold to, or purchased by, licensed growers for planting. See Indiana Code 15-15-13-2
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Attorney: includes a counselor or other person authorized to appear and represent a party in an action or special proceeding. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- crop: means any hemp grown under a single license. See Indiana Code 15-15-13-3
- grower: means :
Indiana Code 15-15-13-4
- handler: means an individual, a partnership, a company, or a corporation that receives hemp for scientific research, or for processing into commodities, hemp products, or agricultural hemp seed. See Indiana Code 15-15-13-5
- hemp: means the plant Cannabis sativa L. See Indiana Code 15-15-13-6
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Probable cause: A reasonable ground for belief that the offender violated a specific law.
- Property: includes personal and real property. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the commonwealths, possessions, states in free association with the United States, and the territories. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5